Sunday 26 August 2012

My Home Internet Connection is Working.

For now.

On Saturday (25/8/12) my father phoned up technical support (on a premium rate number) and although no-one can quite explain it suddenly started working again. My father put this down to a faulty connection box at our end but that's not the case. Rather like a plug adaptor you would take on holiday a connection box is a simply combination of plastic and wires so you can quite easily tell if one is broken or not. This one isn't. Unfortunately I'm not in much of a mood to do much typing because I wasn't kidding about that Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) thing. Seriously my knuckles are swollen up like I've been in a fight. Also apparently my brother is moving out of one house and then going on holiday before moving into another house so is storing a lot of his stuff with us. As a result the day after getting back to the gym for the best part of three weeks rather then resting I spent most of yesterday shifting furniture and heavy crates of books around. As a result I am physically quite tired today.

I can't though let the passing of the first man to walk on the moon, Neil Armstrong to pass without comment though. The best tribute I've heard so far was something I read on Twitter which said simply; "Today Neil Armstrong has died at the age of 82 but his footprints will be on the bright side of the moon for ever."

16:30 on 26/8/12.

No comments: