Sunday 16 September 2012

Hillsborough Deaths.

No not those ones.

Yesterday Ulster Rugby Club youth player Nevin Spence died alongside his father and brother after drowning in a slurry pit on the family farm in the Hillsborough area of County Down in Northern Ireland. Slurry is of course a polite way of saying liquefied cow sh*t. Apart from causing confusion with the links to the 1989 Hillsborough football tragedy and the fact that in some of the photographs released Spence looks a bit like Stoke Football Club youth player Andrew Hall who was jailed on September 7th (7/9/12) for stabbing his girlfriend in an incident of domestic violence this is Britain posing the question of with in some cultures me and Rihanna being considered married now (well I follow her on Twitter) what the hell am I still doing here in Croydon - an experience not unlike drowning in slurry. The answer to that is quite simple. When I lived in a squat the Brits made sure it was raided, when I rented an apartment the Brits made sure I was evicted and if I wasn't living here my sister, father and grandmother would certainly be dead by now. Of course the Brits would much prefer that reality rather then having me here fighting them every inch on the way on things like Libya, Syria and Egypt.

Oh and yeah the Brits are utterly obsessed with my views on the Hillsborough football tragedy because only when I was working in football did the training program feature the details they would never put in the official report but it was also a major case study in that Open University course on health and social care that I might have read all the books from but forgot to write essays starting with the words; "Using examples from you own life..."

Sorry that was a bit maudlin for a Sunday morning.

10:55 on 16/9/12.

No comments: