Tuesday 4 September 2012

And I'm Back From the Pub

As they didn't have any sirloin steak left my father and I both had a beer and a burger. Well I had two points of Carlsberg so the chances of a coherent round up of the days events at the para-Olympics are decreasing by the minute.

The only thing I feel worth reporting is that as we left the pub and got into the car my father indicated to turn right but was blocked from making the turn by some Balkan/Albanian/Muslim motherf*cker in a silver BMW three series. As my father completed the turn the aforementioned said something intelligible so my first instinct was to just shoot him. This may have come across because the argument sort of ended at that point. The incident though was a great way of bringing up the "Azelle Rodney" Public Inquiry which began yesterday and continued today. Although I'm not familiar with the case it revolves around a 24 year old black man who was shot and killed by armed Metropolitan police (who normally drive silver 5 series BMW's) during a "hard stop" in Edgware north london in 2005. Like I said I'm not familiar with the case but I suspect the officer's involved interpretation of the phrase "hard stop" was much less professional then the interpretation used by the officers involved in the Mark Duggan case.

19:10 on 4/9/12.

Edited at around 19:20 on 4/9/12 because now the testosterone has started to fade I should add more detail. Somehow my father has been made somewhat paranoid about the fact that when he turns 70 in November 2013 he will be stripped of his driving license. As I keep failing my driving test on grounds of observation and situational awareness this could potentially leave us as a car-less household which isn't actually much of a bother for me on account of me rarely leaving the house. Sitting outside the pub prior to the above mentioned incident was a guy who looked a bit like my old driver instructor. Therefore the entire situation was contrived to promote para-Olympic discussion about my driving license and the human brain's capacity for things like observation and situational awareness. Therefore I thought it would be perfectly acceptable to shoot the BMW driver as I'm sure it would have just been put down as another example of black on black gun crime.

So on in about 30 mins the fourth and hopefully final episode of "Accused" will begin on BBC1. In a break with tradition the story will pick up almost exactly where it left off with guy who kills his mother's nurse after being driven mad by the thought that the nurse killed his mother with morphine in order to marry his father. If no-one minds I think I'll be going out to sit in the garden.

19:30 on 4/9/12.

No comments: