Friday 15 March 2013

Operation Misery: Day 7 - Comic Relief.

PLEASE GOD, SOMEBODY, ANYBODY COMIC RELIEF!!!!

Anyway we have now had formal proof that Rihanna did in fact did manage to perform in Philadelphia and we are now awaiting for proof that she is (a) still alive and (b) fit enough to perform again tonight in Hartford, Connecticut. However as I've got bathrooms to clean and dinners to cook I doubt I will have time to comment on this further before the start of the Comic Relief (Red Nose Day) telethon.

If you are not familiar with Comic Relief it's a charity set up in 1987 to fund development in Africa by building on the networks establish by the associated Live Aid charity. Since then the UK Crown have been trying to beat to death anybody who dares associate themselves with it. Personally I thought they sold out when they started disbursing money to UK charities as part of their umbrella. I mean f*ck really who needs to two hours of Russell Brand banging on about addiction just as most people in the UK have got back from the pub?!?!

Fortunately Givenchy have already given Rihanna a very expensive present to congratulate her on her decision to re-begin her Diamonds tour the night before Comic Relief and during the monthly European Union (EU) leaders meeting. Apparently they decided to set up a meeting of European Foreign Ministers to discuss the Syrian arms embargo in Dublin, Republic of Ireland in two weeks.

Personally I think this was a bit of an insult by the French fashion house. After all it seems to indulge a fantasy world in which Rihanna is allowed to make decisions.

Anyway I would like to say that I am going to be on best behaviour tonight. However I've noticed that Comic Relief is scheduled to end an hour before Rihanna is scheduled to appear on stage. Therefore I'm inclined to say that if she's prepared to wear the uniform she should be prepared to do the job.


16:15 on 15/3/13.

No comments: