Tuesday 17 April 2012

Technical Report. Technical Report.

If my home Internet connection is working it's around 23:15 on 17/4/12.

However adjusting for British Summer Time it is around 00:16 on 18/4/12 and the analogue/VHF TV signal from the Crystal Palace tower has been switched off making it the end of analogue/VHF TV in the UK. Although I long since ran out of analogue/VHF TV's I can report that at least one of my Digital/UHF Freeview TV's and my Freesat TV is working fine.

More importantly and slightly irrelevantly long before that I upgraded my alarm clock to UHF/DAB version because I mean it's not like the VHF radio signal is going to be turned off anytime soon?! Anyway it was this/yesterday (17/4/12) morning that I realised I could get radio channels other then "BBC Radio1" so I decided to test them out. Turns out I can now receive British Forces Broadcasting Service (BFBS). I mean I can receive it but I can't understand it but it turns out the weather in Afghanistan is described as "Dusty."

Anyway as for tomorrow I'm just going to pick a channel at random and go with it.

No comments: