Tuesday 10 April 2012

Santorum's Out!

Now there's a statement ripe for mis-interpretation.

It's about 20:10 on 10/4/12 and I'm back from the pub. While I was there Republican Presidential candidate and scourge of the US gay community Rick Santorum has withdrawn from the race to become the 2012 Republican Party nominee leaving Mitt Romney virtually unchallenged in the race.

Obviously the fact I was in the pub means I haven't actually heard Santorum's speech but I think this news is a disappointment because in a fight between Obama and Romney on his current form I would say it's an Obama victory. Therefore I was hoping for a strong Republican contest in which Santorum and other opponents help strengthen Romney's weakness. Obviously I can't expand further on what I think are Romney's weaknesses are because then he'll become self aware and the chances of those weaknesses being resolved diminish.

No comments: