Tuesday 17 April 2012

Now I'm Just wasting Good Weed.

or am I? 22:10 17/4/12.

Edited at around 23:07bst/22:08GMT. It turns out I am. If you've been reading my Twitter you will know that my home Internet connection has been failing since around 19:00GMT on 17/4/12.

So at around 22:09 I think it's a good time to look at the posts I could've publcished;

I'm Back From the Pub.

It's around 19:00 GMT on 17/4/12.

You remember the pub. It's the J.D Wetherspoons opposite Thornton Heath railway station and below the offices of both Croydon Council and the Metropolitan Police's local Safer Neighbourhoods Team (SNT). As a result this trip has been something of a chore. For maximum annoyance my father insisted on stopping off to buy chocolate knowing full well that I was going to insist of stopping off to buy beer on the way back. Turns out you can buy both beer and chocolate in the same shop. He went for Cabury's Dairy Milk while I went for Budweiser. You will understand that this is not out of any affection for the USA it's just I've been tasting the local (British) reciepe recenently and it turns out for once it doesn't taste like p*ss. In fact it might even be the new Stella Artois.

Anyway we arrived in the pub to discover that rather then showing news they were showing the highlights of 20/20 Indian Premier League on ITV4. You will note that I hesitate to use the word "cricket." As a result there were a group of Indians sitting at our usual table so my father instantly started with racisim. Realising his mistake he tried turning his racisim into a coded discussion about my grandmother. As a result I half-smoked a lot (two) cigarettes and had the beef burger to avoid food poisoning. You will also note that while I spoke about it on my blog I failed to report the pub to the Food Standards Agency because I thought it was a problem with the customer rather then a problem with the kitchen. In fact if they had a suggestion box the management of the J.D Wetherspoons chain could now be reading a lenghty explanation of why they need to sychronise their "Steak Night" promotion with the nights ITV are allowed to show live Champions League football games. After all I'm sure it won't have a negative impact on ITV's takings.

B*llocks at around 19:20 we're going live and without spellcheck.

and;

Or am I not. At around 21:20GMT on 17/4/12 it's really just Google and Microsoft conspiring with each other to pretend they're under ceaseless attack.

No comments: