Sunday 15 April 2012

Saturday's Deaths.

On Saturday (14/4/12) Britain held the Grand National horse race. This is very much to horse racing what the boat race is to rowing with it almost being compulsory for people in Britain to enjoy it. Even when I'm not busy with I other things I tend not to watch it because the amateurish nature of the event means that it often ends with a large number of the horses being killed. The 2012 event was no exception with "According to Pete" being destroyed after a fall and "Synchronised" just dropping dead.

On March 16th "Synchronised" won the Cheltenham Gold Cup when I was overcoming my Internet outages by synchronising my blog with my Twitter feed. Prior to the race "Synchronised" was highly agitated throwing his rider and running off. This could indicate that the horse had been doped with a stimulant like amphetamine causing him to have a heart attack. I suspect this was done to cause speculation about me in the sense that possibly I'm dead because a UNSC resolution passed on Syria or in the sense that possibly because I still oppose Britain's efforts on Syria I'm dead to them. However causing confusion was the main objective. Of course world class racehorces are expensive assets though so Britain also seem to be sending the message that it's now operating an almost literal shoot to kill policy for anyone who helps me or even acknowledges my existence.

Also on Saturday a footballer collapsed and died of apparent Sudden Adult Death Syndrome (SADS) in a second tier (Serie B) match. As I said at the time of the Fabrice Muamba incident this is not as uncommon as you might think. In fact considering an occurrence of a around 0.02 per 100,000 people and the number of people who play football at both the professional and amateur level you would expect this sort of thing to happen every couple of weeks.

No comments: