Friday 20 April 2012

Good Morning.

It is currently around 10:50GMT on 20/4/12 and my home Internet connection is working but once again I've woken up late with a massive hangover. Today I really need to get some exercise - probably 30 minutes static cycling - and do boring house hold stuff. As a result I probably won't be writing or publishing a statement on the Formula 1 Bahrain Grand Prix because as I said I've got a massive hangover. However I will say this;

In Libya and Syria the international community was apoplectic with rage that those nations security forces were shooting protesters with live ammunition. Now I am not justifying shooting protesters with live ammunition but generally when it is done it is done to scare and disperse protesters rather then to kill. Not in Bahrain though. There not only do they shoot protesters afterwards they go round the hospitals searching for doctors who have dared to treat wounded protesters. Those doctors are themselves arrested and put to death. However you do not hear the international community being outraged. This might have something to do with the USA's warm water port in the country. That and the fact Bahrain's Sovereign wealth fund owns lots of things including most Formula 1 Grand Prix teams.

No comments: