Tuesday 17 April 2012

Somewhere in the World I'm Crashing the News.

But while I'm here I should ask how are the markets doing?

It's just that I've heard that the Spanish are having trouble with their bonds. Also in the rhetoric of the British protest scene the banks are of course the ultimate totalitarian regime.

In fact I probably need to stop worrying about the markets and hurry and write the third part of my "Belgian Bus Crash" trilogy. Fortunately though it seems some of my more educated British readers have already got the gist of it judging by their opposition to proposed changes to the tax rules regarding charitable donations. In fact according to Fareed Zakira in Time a US professor has already written a very interesting paper on the subject as it relates to the traditional lack of democratic governance in the Arab middle-east. However since around 15:00GMT today (17/4/12) I've mostly been smoking weed whilst listening to the Ani DiFranco song "Crime for Crime" over and over again so reading a long, dry acedemic paper is far too complicated for me.

Anyway "To the Bar!" <- That is Tripoli a description of what's about to happen, the final words of a certain recording of a great Guns n' Roses song and my response to the Judge in the Abu Qatada trial. He has ruled that Qatada will "remain in detention" which is normally what happens to naughty school children in Britain. Really putting the boot into Norway he went on to give details about how Qatada refused to stand in Court which is a reference to that Court of Protection (COP) hearing I had regarding my grandmother. So I will paraphrase what I said at the time, when nations at the COP17/CMP7 were just handing out copies of the case papers at their information stands;

"When we talk about psychology we are tearing at the fabric of what makes us, us. That rarely ends well."

Anyway To the Bar!

No comments: