Sunday 22 April 2012

Marathon Death.

No that's not a reference to Willem Defoe in "Platoon."

Today (22/4/12) 37,000 professional and amateur runners decided to waste their lives by taking part in the London Marathon. It has since been announced that a 30 year old woman collapsed and died during the race. This could be the Brits trying to start a rumour that I'd died or that they were considering me dead to them. It could also have been the Brits trying to start he same sort of rumours about my mythical arch-enemy "Hannah." Alternatively it could just be one of those things. In the absence of more information I'll just stick to trivia.

Did you know that the modern marathon course is 26 miles 385 yards long because that is the exact distance between Windsor Castle and the Royal Box at the old White City Stadium in the UK. When Britain hosted the 1908 Olympic Games they thought it would be a nice idea for some members of the Royal Family to be able to watch the start of the marathon at Windsor Castle and other members to watch the end of the race at White City. So they simply re-arranged the course to fit around the Monarchy.

That brings me neatly back to my last properly written and researched post about there being 100 days until the start of the 2012 Olympics. So it's seems to be a good point to explain that I'll be trying to move towards a lower volume of higher quality posts. After all this going at 100mph one day and doing next to nothing the next is not great especially considering the old bi-polar thing. So at around 22:20 I'll now be making my way to bed warm rather then drunk.

No comments: