Thursday 12 April 2012

The Quiet Comedy of Misery.

Tonight (14/4/12) Britain's Channel 4 has been showing the new Ricky Gervais vehicle "Derek." Shot in the style of "The Office" this 30 minute pilot centred around a slightly mentally retarded character "Derek" who works in an old peoples/nursing home. Derek of course is the name of one of my many now dead maternal uncles. Joan was his mother's name.

While he was "Derek" and wearing a black hoodie Ricky Gervais was playing me. When he pulled on an anorak he was playing my father. The Karl Pilkington character "Douglie" was constantly playing my father. With a defeated depression Kerry Godliman's "Hannah" represented everyone who has ever worked in an old peoples/nursing home. However I think the star of the show was the possibly gay, possibly Jewish "Tom" Character.

Anyway it's now around 21:45GMT. Did anyone believe me when I said I'm going to bed early?

No comments: