Friday 22 June 2012

You Gave Them Respect...

...And they gave you a game.

Literally just as I was editing my previous post Germany went 1-0 up against Greece with a goal I've still not seen. It stayed like this until half-time. The Greeks came out knowing they were going to lose so sent on the big lads. This must of worked because while I was making coffee Greece's number seven (7) Samaras (no the other one) equalised with another goal I'm still not seen. Then Germany quickly banged in three more which left the score as 4-1 to Germany. This was both the number I had in my head at the start of the game and the scoreline in Russia's opening game. Unfortunately though both sides realised this and couldn't let it stand. So after the Greek youth let them down Germany gave away a penalty which Salpingidis put away leaving the final score as 4-2 to Germany. Germany go through to the semi-final where they will meet the winner of Sunday's 24/6/12) England V Italy game.

Incidentally are the Greeks sure that Gekis is a centre-forward because he looks more like a centre-half to me. Specifically Neil Ruddock who played for Crystal Palace once which is a shame because he had it written into his contract that if he stayed under 15 stone he'd start.

Anyway at around 20:50 on 22/6/12 I'm seriously considering going to bed now as I've got an early(ish) start tomorrow

No comments: