Wednesday 6 June 2012

Wouldn't It Be Amazing If...

I could return from the enforced Diamond Jubilee break with a post that gave all the latest updates on Libya, all the latest updates on Syria, details of the Flame virus and how it relates to the Facebook IPO and the 2012 Olympics, a response to Hosni Mubarak's recent life sentence ahead of the Egyptian Presidential election run-off and the growing pressure on the Eurozone ahead of Greece's second General election. However now that the shops have re-opened I've got to go to the supermarket. Besides the posts on Greek and Egyptian elections are going to be so long and complicated if I start now I might just have them finished in time.

In the meantime though I will say that the sentencing of Hosni Mubarak was always going to be disappointing. After all it was the old system trying to produce a solution to an old problem. Therefore I think it's best forgotten about so Egyptians can focus on building a new system starting with the appointment of a committee to write the new constitution - a point that the interim military rulers are already trying to make in their own clunky way.

No comments: