Monday 11 June 2012

Well That Wasn't Too Bad.

I ended up watching the France V England match in a very loud England pub along with a couple of very brave French people. As a result I've only got a vague idea of what actually happened. However a 1-1 draw was a good result for England because everyone I spoke to had France winning either 1-0 or 2-0. Ukraine are looking like the team to beat now though after beating Sweden 2-1. Unfortunately though I left to go home at half-time so as usual managed to miss all the goals.

What was bad though was the journey home. A lot of the railways lines in the south of England are being disrupted due to flooding. The line I was on was fine though. The only problem being that we couldn't find a train driver. So after sitting at the platform for 40 minutes we were all forced onto another train which couldn't be bothered to open it's doors meaning that it left a further 10 minutes late. Seriously I only left early to give my friend time to go home and get to bed before he's got to be at work at 01:00. At one point I thought he'd be starting work before I left the station.

I got back at around 22:15 on 11/6/12 though and that's the important thing.

No comments: