Sunday 10 June 2012

I Smell of Wet Dog.

At around 20:20 on 10/6/12 I'm back from Brighton. I tried posting on the 18:40 train from Brighton to east Croydon but my network failed me. I'm back from Brighton though and that's the important thing.

You may remember that the entire point of going down to Brighton was to watch the Germany V Portugal game. Unfortunately though someone decided to bring their missus to the match so we turned up just before half time and then just couldn't enjoy the atmosphere of a pub packed with 200 loud Germans. Then for some reason we definitely, certainly had to go meet some guy who was DJ-ing in some hip nightspot. It was around this point that I decided that I'd had enough of outside so we all had to go home where I watched people pass out in front of Firefly.

Much before that though I did watch the Holland V Denmark game where the Dutch were trying to lose because after 2005 clearly no-one wants to see an Orange mob celebrating in Ukraine. Seriously if they hadn't come in so hard on the gays during Eurovision they would have got an apology there and then.

On the plus side though the tournament seems to be getting the message about the no politics rule. Well they're trying. The Russians got into a small ruck on Friday (8/6/12) and still people are talking about it like it's hooliganism but there's the problem - no-one ever listens to me.

No comments: