Thursday 14 June 2012

My Latest Travel Plans.

On Saturday and Sunday (16-17/6/12) there is the Egyptian Presidential run-off. On Sunday (17/6/12) there is the Greek General Election. On Monday and Tuesday (18-19/6/12) there is the G20 Summit in Mexico. This will be one the first meetings between the Heads of Government/State (HOGS) of the two main approaches to the Syria crisis with the USA and the UK on one side and Russia and China on the other. So I've decided that I won't be going down to Brighton this weekend to watch the Sweden V England Euro2012 match. I will though be watching it at home.

Today (14/6/12) though I will be having dinner with my mother at around 17:00. This has caused a degree of excitement in Britain and the US. You see some of the aspects of my friends in Brighton's private lives are somewhat unconventional including one person who has a Attention Deficit Hyper-activity Disorder (ADHD) diagnosis which is seriously trendy in western medical circles at the moment. The hope is that over dinner I will share all the details of my recent trips to Brighton with my medical professional mother and those details will somehow transfer themselves onto the higher levels of the British government's department of health and from there onto the US government. Annoyingly for that and so many other reasons the dinner is going to clash with tonight's Euro2012 games between Spain and the Republic of Ireland and Italy and Croatia. Therefore I may post when I get back or I may not. The important thing to remember is that I am aware of the situation I am walking into.

No comments: