Tuesday 19 June 2012

England Are Through.

And although I saw the last ten minutes I've got no idea how but I believe there was an argument about goal-line technology in there somewhere. Anyway England beat Ukraine 1-0 while Sweden beat France 2-0. As a result England go through as group winners with 7 points while France go through as group runners-up with 4 points. France will play Spain in the third quarter final on Saturday (23/6/12) while England will play Italy in the fourth quarter final on Sunday (24/6/12). If you want me to talk about it in pure footballing terms I'll be going to put a bet on now.

Before I do that though I should declare and interest in today's out come. If England came second I could have gone down to Brighton to watch the game on Saturday and stayed over until Sunday. However because they came first I'll be going down to Brighton to watch the game on Saturday and staying over until Sunday at which point we'll decide whether or not my friend has to go to work at around 02:00 local on Monday (25/6/12). As this driving job forces him to make deliveries to the Tower of London and Kensington Palace amongst others I'm sure it'll be fine for him to phone in dead.

Oh and of course it's around 21:50 on 19/6/12 and I'm writing this on a PC.

No comments: