Friday 8 June 2012

It's Time For Football!

Despite a low key build up due to the tensions between the European Union (EU) and Russia over co-hosts Ukraine and the Britain's seeming mission to frustrate all football fans to the point they give up and become interested in approved sports like tennis and athletics instead the 2012 European Football finals will kick off in Warsaw, Poland in just over two hours time at 16:00GMT. Tomorrow (9/6/12) the action will move to Kharkiv in Ukraine.

To celebrate I'm doing down to Brighton over the weekend. The plan is to get down in time to catch some of the Holland V Denmark game in order to watch the Germany V Portugal match. I'll then stay overnight in order to watch the Spain V Italy game before returning home hopefully in time to catch the Republic of Ireland V Croatia game. The idea being that this extra time will allow me to pace myself better to avoid causing as much mayhem as I did last time. Mind you I seem to say that every time. One thing that will be different though is that due to the old Blackberry I should be able to stay on the grid and keep up with events. I will though be drunk.

Annoyingly though it looks like I might miss the opening game between Poland and Greece because before I go I've still got work to do on the Egyptian and appropriately Greek elections.

No comments: