Tuesday 1 May 2012

Nope Tell a Lie.

Turns out I'm not going to get around to posting the full fox story before Britain's Channel 4 begun their "Foxes Live" strand on (30/4/12). So at around 20:10 on 1/5/12 I'll give you the abridged version;

A few years ago (2008ish) I was having Christmas lunch with my mother, her then UK government lawyer partner and my media whore brother when the conversation started to sag. So I started telling this long and highly embellished story about how I'd been walking through the local park when I saw this dog and this fox caught up in conversation. Seeing as how it was just a week before Christmas the dog was teasing the fox about how his family had just brought the Turkey so come December 26th (he was that precise) he'd be getting lots and lots of Turkey leftovers and he might even finish it all off with a bit of bacon. The fox on the other hand was mouthing off about he didn't need to worry because he'd be getting plenty of Turkey off the dogs family and the family next door and the family next to that.

Anyway some how news of this story got back to the higher ups and Britain's intelligence services - in all seriousness - started a research project to find out if London anarchists were using urban foxes to pass secret messages to each other. The focus for this study was in north-east London. Startled by all the sudden attention the foxes in that area became emboldened leading to the 2010 incident where a fox entered a home in Hackney and mauled two infant twins.

If you think that sound weird you should here the story about how the CIA tried to train crows to catch Osama bin Laden. So at around 20:20 that just goes to show there a few things you can say in this game that sound too mental.

Edited at around 20:25 to add the date the Channel 4 strand begun (30/4/12) and because my blog interface is being mean and delaying the time it takes to put my posts up on the Internet.

No comments: