Tuesday 8 May 2012

Beer Roulette.

It's around 19:07 on Tuesday May 8th 2012 and I'm back from the pub. So little happened that in order to kill time my father and I had a long and ultimately pointless discussion about how accurate the clock you see in the corner of your rolling TV new channel is. My father thinks it's 100% accurate being linked to Greenwich while I think it's about 3.4 seconds slow because it takes the device that long to decode the digital signal.

So instead I'll tell you about how I won beer roulette at the supermarket this afternoon. In the UK supermarkets only really sell beer (ale/lager/cider) in cases of 12 cans/bottles or crates of 24 cans/bottles. Like everything else in supermarkets these come delivered on pallets and in the normal running of a store things get dropped and packages get torn leaving the supermarket with stock cannot sell. Every so often they randomly package these items up into black plastic bags and stick a price tag on them so the customer can pay their money and take their chances. Today I ended up getting 10x440ml cans of Stella Artios 4% for £5. At around 50p per can I'm so happy I feel like I've won the lottery. 19|:15

No comments: