Tuesday 29 May 2012

I Have Returned From the Hostilery.

Yes that's right at around 19:15 on Tuesday May 29th 2012 I'm back from the pub. I'm a little bit late because after I earlier posted on my blog about how the Whitgift Estate's attempts to force my grandmother into selling her home might be met with a stiff legal challenge my little brother decided he was going to join my father.

As it happens the topic never came up in conversation as we sat there comparing smartphones and sharing photographs of fox cubs. It turns out they're at the stage where they're old enough to start going out hunting alone and they've decided to use this opportunity to work their way into my father and I's affections by bringing us gifts they think we might like. Sadly that seems to mean beer cans and empty cigarette packets which probably tells you more about my father and I then the foxes. However I you think a fox cub's cute you'll find a drunk fox cub hilarious.

Anyway I think I should explain further: The two arrested on suspicion of murder by way of arson following the Derby house fire are Mick and Mairead Philpott. The father Mick of course looks a bit like John Mcalees one of the Special Air Service (SAS) troopers who ended the 1980 siege at the Iranian Embassy in London. Therefore the new narrative is that British Special Forces are perfectly happy to kill their own children. Of course the original narrative was that the 'mistress' "Sam" would be blamed for the murders while Philpott's raked in the cash from well wishers and enjoyed their celebrity status. Seriously I'm not seeing much need for the police to waste too much cash on protection.

Also while I'm here I should point out that Emma Winnall died of her injuries overnight. If you're not familiar with this British story it's about a 93 year old Birmingham woman who was savagely beaten in her own home but not sexually assaulted by an intruder who curiously stole nothing. As Mrs Winnall looked quite a bit like my own grandmother this story has been discussed by my father and I. The best that we could come up with is that someone in the community definitely knows what happens. However you should understand that when my father and I discuss "The Community" we're not necessarily talking about the people that live in her local area.

Finally with the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) meeting on the al-Houla massacre taking place tomorrow (30/5/12) I should probably get around to giving my Eurovision2012 round-up. After all Russia's second place was only about 60% because they're entry was delightfully bonkers. Also how gutted are Berlusconi's tail that Italy didn't win? After all with a bland song sung by a gay icon in the Amy Winehouse/Mark Ronson style you would have thought they'd ticked every box. Sadly though no matter how much Berlusconi hated me he's just not the Prime Minister anymore. At least with 16 dead you'd hope the Northern League (fascists) would be getting the message