Monday 21 May 2012

My Achilles Heel.

At around 12:00 on 21/5/12 I have discovered my Achilles heel. Is the Achilles tendon in my right leg that somehow yesterday I strained and blew out the ligaments in my ankle. Despite the Saudi Irregular Army (SIA) trying their hardest to force Syria onto the agenda of the NATO Summit there seems little else going on. Therefore the ankle injury kind of insists that I spend the rest of today sitting down in front of the TV with my feet up.

Edited at around 12:30 on 21/5/12 to add: I have rather painfully walked to the corner shop to buy a newspaper and now I've returned I have no need to leave the house again until tomorrow.

Slightly more importantly a suicide bomber has attacked a military parade dress rehearsal in the Yemeni capital, Sanaa killing at least 63. According to some sources Al Qaeda in Arab Peninsula (AQAP) have claimed responsibility for the attack. Although I have my doubts that AQAP are a legitimate Al Qaeda group the purpose of the attack seems to be to convince the NATO Summit that the Al Qaeda threat has shifted away from Afghanistan. Therefore NATO should speed up their withdrawal from Afghanistan in order to chase Al Qaeda around the globe.

No comments: