Tuesday 1 May 2012

The Good News Is...

...It's around 19:05 on Tuesday May 1st 2012 (1/5/12) and I'm back from the pub. The even better news is that I drunk the first pint of cider (well Strongbow) of the spring so gave my father a hard chat about my grandmother's funding when her savings expire in around October/November 2012. The bad news is that I've been hit with this serious urge to be boring. This means that I intend to quietly sit and watch TV while drinking a sensible amount of beer (Kronenbourg) before going to bed at a reasonable time. I don't know what it was about watching the penultimate episode of "Homeland" on Sunday (29/4/12) but I've suddenly come to value the importance of dull. Not least because I went to the pharmacist today to pick up a prescription and got lots of sympathetic looks thrown in.

For the record while I was at the pharmacist I also picked up some 4mg nicotine replacement mints. Do not worry this is not me planning to give up smoking it's just something to have to hand when I can't be bothered to get out of bed to smoke. Temporary abstinence I believe it's know as.

Also I've learnt more about the Occupylsx protest in London. Turns out they turned up at Liverpool Street main/underground rail interchange in the rush hour and proceeded to hand out roses to commuters in the style of the TV show "The Bachelor." So at around 19:15 I have to ask who was lucky enough to receive a rose?

Anyway if anyone needs me I'll be off hunting for a green pen. Not a black pen nor a blue pen but a green pen dammit!

No comments: