Sunday 6 May 2012

The Curry's Won It.

At around 18:00GMT on 6/5/12 I've decided to have a curry for dinner. This choice was mainly driven by the fact I brought a Chicken Tika Masala ready meal from Tesco's on Tuesday (3/5/12). I was though left with a choice of what drink with it. Obviously not drinking simply wasn't an option so I brough 2x 600ml bottles of Cobra lager, 2x 500ml of Holsten Pills lager and 1x 330ml bottle of Carling Chrome lager. Having tried the Carling Chrome I can report although it's slightly stronger then normal Carling it still tastes just as bad.

Anyway I'm pretty sure the exit polls in the French Presidential election are just about to be released. There is some confusion because according to France24 they will be released at 20:00 Paris Time (GMT+2) while according to Euronews they'll be released at 20:00 Paris Time (GMT+1). Either way I've just finished watching the US TV Show "Once Upon a Time." Although I got stoned early it had all gone a bit "Game of Thrones/Camelot/Pillars of the Earth" for my understanding. For example I think Chris Martin/James Morrison/Prince Charming might be his own uncle. This evening Channel5 had moved the show forwards two hours from 19:00 to 17:00. I'd like to think that this was as a result of my note about it finishing too close to the start of "Homeland" on Channel4 but the real reason is to avoid clashing with the first live semi-final of UK TV Talent Show "Britain's Got Talent." on ITV1 and the launch of "Planet Earth Live" BBC1's new wildlife strand examining the effects of Spring on animals on European, Africa, North American and South Asian continents. It's the latter I'm most worried about because after Thursday/Friday/Saturday's (3-5/5/12) marathon 29 hour live election coverage the BBC's live broadcasting unit was looking distinctly shaky yesterday.

Anyway on Friday (4/5/12) Iran held a Parliamentary election the official results of which are also expected today. However according to unofficial results President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has lost a lot of his support in Parliament to supporters of Ayatollah Kahmenei. So it appears that amid all the talk over the last years about whether Iran's going to get a nuclear bomb we seemed to have strengthened the democratic part of Iran at the expense of the crazy part. In slightly better news the USA has granted Chinese blind, self-taught human rights lawyer Chen Gaungcheng permission to enter the country to attend a university on a fellowship. So at around 18:25 at least we've agreed that I don't need to spend £9000 per year to do a BA in Media Studies.

No comments: