Tuesday 23 October 2012

So Did Romney Steer Clear of Libya.

I have literally just woken up and am not totally convinced that process has been completed. As a result I have absolutely no idea what happened in the third US Presidential debate on foreign policy. However I am very interested to know how the Republican candidate Mitt Romney handled the issue of Libya. In the hours leading up to the debate US intelligence sources confirmed that the second building attacked in the September 11th (11/9/12) attack on the US consulate in Benghazi, Libya was in fact a CIA operations centre. This is something everybody in the business already knew and is hardly that controversial. For example I could tell you the location of the CIA operations centre attached to the US Embassy in London but that would just needlessly p*ss people off. The reason for the announcement was to confirm that US intelligence (CIA is the generic term) have been running the Chris Brown/Rihanna reunion as a way to discredit me in the run up to the Presidential election in order to help Romney win. The reason why this acknowledgement has become nessecery is because no-one in the business can believe that Brown's probation officer hasn't intervened by this point and other factions within the US community have had some pretty strong stuff to say on the subject. The idea of tying all this to the Libya issue was to make Libya so toxic for Romney that he would stay away and avoid dragging his clunking fists over what is still a delicate and unstable situation.

Having had a quick skim of Twitter I'm still none the wiser about the issues discussed in the debate so I will have to watch the full thing. Fortunately I've got a large Presidential debate sized hole in my schedule right between going to the supermarket and going to the pub. So I should be able to have it done by the ened of the day even if the detailed write up might have to wait until tomorrow. In the meantime I think I need to open a new communication channel with my Twitter wife because she's clearly in a strop with me but sadly only revealing her own ignorance. Oh and my spellcheck is currently operating at the same level as my brain at the moment so I apologise.

09:35 on 23/10/12.

No comments: