Monday 8 October 2012

Operation Oil Theft: Month 21, Week 1, Day 2.

Yesterday (7/10/12) the Libyan Prime Minister Mustafa Abushagur submitted another proposed political cabinet to the General National Congress (GNC). Rather then voting on whether to approve this new cabinet the GNC decided to hold a vote of confidence in the Prime Minister. Abushagur lost this vote 125 against 44 in favour with 17 abstensions. As a result Abushagur has now been sacked as Libya's Prime Minister. Although this is a set back for Libya which really needs to get some sort of functioning and democratic government in place I would say this was a good thing because Abushagur never struck me as representing the revolutionary values of liberty and democracy. As for his replacement I honestly don't see the problem with giving Mahmoud Jibril of the National Forces Alliance (NFA) the job. After all he is the leader of the largest elected political party and he's more or less been doing the job for the past year with quite a high degree of success.

Now if anyone needs me I'm going to need to have a long, hard and sober think about a few things and whether they're impairing my ability to do my job.

14:25 on 8/10/12.

No comments: