Thursday 29 December 2011

No Stanley Knife, no Stanley Knife.

After Stephan Fry's episode of "I've never watched Star Wars" got boring I went looking in the shed for the family Stanley Knife but no Stanley Knife could be found.

Slightly before that though I made lots noise, banging and general swearing while trying to prepare myself for the original Swedish version of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." While I've never seen it or read any of the books from a number of people telling me "you really should see it" I have learnt three things;

1. It's nearly three hours long,

2. When they say it's only suitable for people over the age of 18 years they really mean it,

3. They've massively toned it down for the US audience,

4. I'm really not going to watch that with my Dad.

Due to drink and drugs at around 00:21 on 30/12/11 I'm now going to issue a writ of "No sh*t Sherlock.

No comments: