Monday 5 December 2011

I'm Sorry But There's No Drama Here.

It appears that the arguing, fighting and fireworks that the Brits had hoped would be ignited by that court case have so far failed to materialise. In fact the only thing I have to report is a small change of routine tomorrow (6/12/11).

Rather then going to the supermarket my father will instead be going to another one of those events organised by a local pressure group which is part of the Whitgift Foundation network. This particular one is an umbrella group called Hear Us (www.hear-us.org) which campaigns for rights for people with mental health problems and includes the South London And Maudsley (SLAM) hospital and Mind in Croydon. No doubt a main priority of the meeting will be finding out why the fireworks haven't started and putting pressure on my father to start them. I won't be worrying about that though because I'll be too busy marvelling at the irony of a group patting themselves on the back for campaigning for mental health rights while actively campaigning against mental health rights. Perhaps then their full name is "Hear Us but please don't listen to us."

Also on the day (5/12/11) when British MP's will debate extradition laws Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has been granted permission to have his case against extradition to Sweden heard by the UK's Supreme Court on a question of wider public importance (extradition request from a prosecutor versus an extradition request from a Judge.) This is also a reference to my case because I can now take Mrs Justice Hogg's ruling straight to the Supreme Court. The only problem is that ruling was the fifth inexplicable ruling in the case so the only question of wider public importance I can see is why is the British legal system faulty?


Edited at around 15:50 on 5/12/11 to add: I've done some checking.

Although I can apply to the UK Supreme Court to have my case reviewed they will have to refuse. This is because criminal law supersedes civil law. Therefore if the Supreme Court was to consider the question of wider public importance it must do so by giving Mrs Hogg et al leave to appeal against their convictions for conspiracy to kidnap. I'll be writing to the attorney general to issue the arrest warrants at the end of the COP17/CMP7. Until then we are going to have to unfortuantely get into consequences.

No comments: