Thursday 29 December 2011

Christmas Presents.

In my family we have this "thing" where I basically just buy DVD's for everyone. In 2011 I decided to move away from this tradition and get people things they actually want. Unfortunately because of the COP17/CMP7 I was pressed for time (02:09), panicked and just sort of threw money at the problem. On Month 10, Week 2, Day 3 I really hope this isn't the development plan for the new free Libya.

For my father I brought 100 Lambert&Butler Silver. For my sister I got a £35 gift pack of nice smelly bath stuff from the store "Lush." For my mother I brought a copy of the BBC's "Blue Planet" which looked just like the copy my brother brought her. For my brother I brought a make your own curry set from Sainsburys and a pricey moleskin notebook. For my mother's DWP solicitor wife I brought a "Waterstones" gift card because she likes books so much it would just be easier if she brought them herself. Of course in light of the "Mrs Hogg needs to read a book comment" that could have sounded a bit aggressive. However if she loses her job in the latest round of government spending cuts the worst that's going to happen is that she get's forced into private practice.

No comments: