Monday 23 November 2009

This Is Why I Prefer to Pre-Draft Things.

I've been looking back over my posts for the past few weeks and realised that there are a few things in those posts that weren't as clear as perhaps they should be. This is because I've pretty much been writing them on the spot. The reason for this change of tactics is that my notebook has been in use drafting that complaint to the police. Covering three months of interaction with the police it's turned into quite a long document but it is now complete. All I need to do is type it up, decide who I'm going to send it too and whether to post it, email it, fax it, deliver it by hand or all four. In the mean time I can clarify some of the things that I've posted that might have caused confusion.

1. Although all the researchers at Bristol University have undergone enhanced background checks I don't think the Belle de Jour scoop was the work of the state. The press, especially the tabloids, have been trying to find out who the woman is for years and recently they've been getting closer and closer. There may have been a little state involvement getting the story published in the Sunday Times on November 15th but it would have been in the Mail on Sunday on November 22nd anyway.

2. While the Manchester anti-terror raids where no doubt carried out in an effort to re-sell the war in Afghanistan I don't think they were ordered by Gordon Brown. Instead I think they were ordered by MI5 in order to embarrass Gordon Brown.

3. I said the reporting of the Cumbria floods had been purposefully focused on Cockermouth. This might have given the impression that it was the media who took the decision to focus on Cockermouth. This isn't the case. In a situation like that they media just go where they think the action is. If the Environment Agency tell them that the worst of the flooding is going to be in Cockermouth and the RAF announce that they're sending three Sea King helicopters to Cockermouth then the media are going to focus on Cockermouth.

4. I said that my father will be bringing a solicitor round to get my grandmother to sign a lasting power of attorney on Tuesday. This is not true the solicitor is coming round on Thursday. It is not my mistake because my father told me it was Tuesday so I repeated Tuesday. Incidentally this evening I told him that I will be attending my grandmother's appointment with the memory service tomorrow. It would be fair to say that this caused him to hit the roof. That's hardly a surprise because he's been looking a little ashen faced since his mates at the Safer Neighbourhood Team told him that the investigation have been taken out of their hands. It's almost as if he's suddenly realised that boasting he's a good friend with the Mayor of Croydon isn't quite the threat he intends it to be.

Over the weekend Tottenham Hotspur beat Wigan Athletic 9-1 which is a massive score for a soccer game. Tottenham traditionally have a very large Jewish fanbase, so much so that their fans call themselves "The Yid Army." Amongst the BNP/BFF/EDL groups that make up Britain's far right there is a high profile activist known as "Wigan Mike." Therefore the result appears to be an attempt by the Brits to reassure the Israeli's that while Britain is building up a group racist, fascist lunatics they won't be anti-semitic racist, fascist lunatics. Doing it through the medium of football also allows the Brits to a give the racist, fascist lunatics a clip round the ear over the anti-semitism.

Aside from that Britain appears to be putting every story it can think of that features news of police officers, the Crown Prosecution Service or people going to prison. This is because they're in a bit of a panic and are trying to create a smoke screen. Apart from my antics they're in a panic because they don't really have a clue what happened at the summit between the USA and China. The situation has flared up in Northern Ireland and it looks like a response to provocation by the Brits. The Iraq war inquiry begins on Monday and it's going to be difficult for it not to leave MI6 looking stupid. Worst of all it looks as though the Cumbria flood has actually caused hundreds of millions pounds of damage having brought down at least four bridges and undermined several more. The extreme weather has also completely contradicted the Brits negotiating position ahead of the Copenhagen Summit.

From what I've seen most of the news output is just white noise and should be ignored. After all I'm not sending this complaint letter to ask for the Brit's help. I've sending it to give them the option to avoid what's going to happen next. Therefore any interaction with them on the matter is probably best done in the form of ultimatum rather then discussion.

No comments: