Thursday 26 November 2009

I Warned You It Would Be A Long Day.

So I think I should clarify a few things.

My grandmother's television is a cathode ray Sony Triniton operating on an analogue signal. Therefore the only way the channels could be reorganised is if someone went into her house and used the remote control to navigate the various menus. I know that I did not do it and I know that she was not capable of doing it so there is only one person who could have done it. And throughout the days events my father has yet to show even one flicker of remorse.

It has been suggested that my grandmother's wandering this morning was a stunt to provide grounds for me to challenge this Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA). I do not think this is the case. Without going into too much detail over the past three days I have been seriously worried about my grandmother's mental state. For example when the police delivered her back to me this morning she was telling me how, on the way to the supermarket, she'd stopped and spoken to her sister who was dropping her (the sister's) grandson off at Kindergarten. The kindergarten is in Wales, the sister is dead and the grandson is in his twenties. What I think has happened is that the Croydon network, being as dumb as rocks, decided that the more messed up my grandmother gets the easier it will be for them to complete their task. As a result they have come in far too hard and in the process may have given me just enough rope to hang them with. However, based on past experience, I won't believe they will hang until I see them swinging from the gallows with my own eyes and that is not a metaphor.

I have yet to decide if I will contest this LPA. This is because the best outcome is that we will have to pay another £1000 to draw up another LPA. The worst outcome is that the state decides that my father is not a fit person to act as an attorney causing the state to take full authority over my grandmother's health care and personal affairs. Besides any further challenge will inevitably lead to arguments. When people argue they get stripped down to their rawest emotional form. In my situation arguments will cause my father to present himself to his contacts in his rawest form, my grandmother to present to her contacts in her rawest form and I may present to my contacts (this blog) in my rawest form. This is exactly what the Brits want to happen so is something I want to avoid. At the moment I don't think that this is a major problem but it is something that I must consider.

Apart from my stuff there have been developments in the story of the Anglo-Saxon gold which has today been valued at £3.285 million. When this story first emerged it may have had some significance but those days are long gone. Now it's just one of those stories that you can assign any meaning you like too. Personally I'm going to take it to mean that the Brits intend to remunerate me to the value of £3.285 million. This can't possibly be true because shortly after I took a sabbatical from Enterprise House the Brits entered into a binding agreement to pay me £150 per hour for every natural hour that passed until I returned. It's far too late at night to work out the exact figure but at this point last year it was certainly more then £4million.

This morning the former UK Ambassador to the United States, Sir Christopher Meyer gave evidence to the Iraq war inquiry. Although, for obvious reasons, I wasn't able to watch his appearance in full but I did watch enough to see him claim that it was President Bill Clinton's idea to invade Iraq before plugging his book. That means the Iraq war inquiry has already descended to the level of day time chat show.

There has also been a large fire today in Peckham, SE London. The fire started on a building site and quickly spread to two blocks of flats and pub. Over 300 people had to be evacuated from their homes and 8 people and 2 police officers had to be treated in hospital. The fire was most certainly arson. If the fact it started on a building site wasn't enough of a clue my grandmother lived in Peckham for a number of years so seeing her old neighbourhood on the TV has hardly helped her remember where she's living now. Incidentally the guys on the Richmond road building site are, at 23:54, still working away with an angle grinder and a sledge hammer.

Now if anyone needs me I'm about to make like a Cumbrian Bridge and collapse. Or not.

No comments: