Wednesday 25 November 2009

The Solicitor Comes Tommorrow.

To get my grandmother to sign off on this Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA). I was discussing it this evening with my father and everything was so civil. Right up to the point that I asked if he'd explained to my grandmother that she can specify what powers this LPA grants and conditions in which they can be used. At this point he exploded into his usual ranting lunatic throwing out every threat under the sun and telling me not to discuss it with my grandmother or the solicitor. I then went over to discuss it with my grandmother and not only is she not aware of the terms of an LPA she actually thinks she's been asked to sign her will. I also noticed that someone had re tuned the channels on her TV so what would normally appear on channel 1 was appearing on channel 5 and so on. That's really confusing and not the sort of thing that would happen by accident.

Anyway this guy's coming round at 14:00 and if he thinks it appropriate to pressurise an old lady into signing a document that she has neither read nor understands I think we need to consider if he's an appropriate person to sell double glazing let alone practice law.

No comments: