Monday 30 November 2009

Iran Detain's Sailors.

In the last 100 minutes the British Foreign Office have announced that on November 25th five British civilian sailors were detained by Iranian forces while taking part in a yacht race. All that's happened here is that MI6 have sent five assets to invade Iranian territorial waters. The idea was to provoke the Iranian's into taking them prisoner so this "unjustified hostage taking" could be used as a beacon to get the global community to rally round the urgent need to take action against Iran.

As the five men are quite clearly spies Iran is more then entitled to chop them up into little pieces and post them home. Of course doing that would help the Brits to portray the Iranians as some sort of dangerous rogue state. However I don't think that the Brits are aware of the current state of negotiations regarding action on Iran so if I was an Iranian I wouldn't be that worried about being seen to be provocative. I do hope the Iranians hang onto the sailors for a while though because the flashback to similar events a few years doesn't half help me put the Brits in their place.

Personally I've spent the day properly typing up this letter to the police. Tomorrow I'll either post it or deliver it in person, I've yet to decide. The announcement about the sailors came within about a minute of me finishing this letter so the Brits have made that public in order to cover up how they intend to respond to this complaint.

No comments: