Friday 13 November 2009

Disaster Averted

Earlier today my grandmother told my father he's being a pain in the arse. My father decided this was the urgent symptom of some mental health crisis and immediately contacted the Croydon Memory Service presumably to have her detained under the mental health act. I went over to speak to her and found her lucid with no evidence of cognitive distress.

When I pointed this out to my father he accused me of not recognising dementia when I saw it. So I simply asked him if he knew what the diagnostic criteria of dementia was. He didn't which prompted a little bit of a tantrum that seems to be over now. He's currently sitting down having a little bit of a think. In an ideal world this would indicate that the message is now slowly getting across but sadly logical thought and rational argument have never been a strong point for him.

Elsewhere I've received the standard "Sorry you've been a victim of crime" letter over the police report I made last Friday. That means the letter of complaint is about to be drafted. I'm currently debating whether I should cc it to the borough commander or whether I should just got straight to the Commissioner of the Metropolitan police. After all he's been making a lot of noise in the media recently about how he's sick of crimes being under reported and how it allows criminals to get off lightly.

No comments: