Friday 27 November 2009

Sorry Wasn't That Made Clear

While the solicitor was round getting my grandmother to sign a property and affairs lasting power of attorney he also got her to sign a health and wellbeing LPA. This was unsolicited and signed within the home so would be invalid if it was a contract to change gas an electricity supplier. I was not included in it so it is my grandmothers wish that I have no input into her health care provision and medical treatment. I will be respecting this so any improvement in elderly care must now come for the talent pool of the Croydon network. My father tried to involve me a conversation about her treatment over dinner so I just ignored him which made him angry but left me calm, serene and silent. It does though mean that he seems intent on arguing any way which removes the block on me challenging the LPA. In doing so I will be giving the Crown the opportunity to either endorse or investigate and curtail the activities of the solicitor, David White & Co along which his associates at the Croydon branch of the Alzheimer's society and the local primary care trust.

Incidentally now it has emerged there is a clinical need for my grandmother to have a period of respite care the primary care trust have revoked their offer of respite care. Seriously I'm considering holding a wake for her now but it is a little hard to mourn those who sign their own death warrants.

No comments: