Saturday 21 November 2009

I'm Home, Safe, Well and I Want to Tell You a Story.

It's only a short story but it's a story I've been meaning to tell for a long time so please pay attention at the back.

At the time of my rendition back to Croydon there was a big advertising banner hanging over the ticket office at East Croydon station. Paid for by the local council it read simply; "Croydon is undergoing a revolution!" After I'd been living in the town for about a year and complained that the council were trying to revolutionise mental health care provision when it really needed an evolution that sign was replaced. The new sign read; "Croydon is undergoing an Evolution!" That sign hangs there to this day, presumably because no-one at the council knows how to spell entropy. So the answer to the question of what Croydon Council did to deserve the current predicament is quite simple. They volunteered for it. They volunteered thinking that they could steal my work and pass it off as their own for personal gain. To put it another way they tried to play the school yard bully and now they're pissed off because they've just discovered they're not the biggest boy in the playground.

Anyway today I've been off to Brighton to meet an old contact. This contact is very important to me because I need new shoes and Croydon just can't manage a decent shoe shop. Sorry for any confusion but I guess that once again those pesky Brits have been judging me by their own low standards.

No comments: