Thursday 26 November 2009

It Is Signed. I Have Failed.

The solicitor has been round and inspite of the fact that just two hours previously my grandmother had to be rescued by the police and at present is unable to remember if she has any grandchildren he feels she is mentally fit to sign a lasting power of attorney. Both my grandmother and father have both signed the document and the solicitor has provided a Part B Certificate. What happens next is that the LPA and the Part B Certificate are sent to the Office of Public Guardians (OPG). They will then notify the "named persons" to see if they have any objection to the LPA being registered. If there are no objections then the LPA becomes active.

What I will do next is write to the OPG detailing my grandmothers mental sate at the time the document was signed and the sustained period of psychological abuse she has been subjected to prior to the signing of the document. As my father has made very sure that I am not one of the "named persons" who can raise an objection the OPG are perfectly entitled to totally disregard my objections and throw my letter in the bin. However if the Crown is prepared to put it's money where it's mouth is and demonstrate that it is committed to bring this abuse to an end the OPG will refuse to register the document pending an investigation into the conduct of the Part B Certificate provider. I won't be holding my breath though.

Apart from that I don't know what else to do because this constant fighting is not doing anyone any good.

No comments: