Thursday 17 June 2010

What I Did Today.

What I did today at the Court of Protection was almost exactly the same thing last time we were at the notification stage. I put copies of the COP1 and Cop5 forms in the mail for my grandmother, father, brother and solicitor. I then delivered 4 COP20 forms to the court by hand. The COP20 form is just a receipt confirming that the COP1+5 forms have been mailed. Those forms will be delivered on Saturday June 19th at the earliest. Then there will no doubt be several days of shouting that will have to be managed. I can't pretend I'm totally relaxed about this but if I have to do it a third time it will just be routine.

The only way these forms will be delivered before Saturday will be if MI5 intercept them in the mail system and then courier them to the address. It is highly unlikely this will happen. In fact I got the impression that MI5 delayed the entire Victoria line of the London Underground during the rush hour to make sure I missed the deadline for next day delivery. Unfortunately this then buggered up my own plan forcing MI5 to delay parts the overground rail network to make sure I wasn't late for my dinner with my mother because that would constitute causing me undue stress.

So I'm sorry if you were trying to travel across London this afternoon but just think of all the trouble that could have been avoided if the court had just given the correct answer first time round.

No comments: