Sunday 13 June 2010

Ah Peace & Quiet.

As yesterday was the day when this Court of Protection (CoP) thing was meant to kick off my grandmother and father had quite a busy weekend planned. On Saturday they attended a church service and lunch to celebrate the appointing of a new Church leader in the London borough known as Borough. One of the more high profile guests was Simon Hughes MP who has just been elected as a the deputy leader of the Liberal Democrat party. The event was also attended by other establishment people whose roles are, shall we say, harder to define. On Sunday they went to a Church service at the London Welsh church. This is very much the territory of that ex-barrister called Lloyd Lloyd.

The CoP thing didn't happen so all that really happened was that I got two days where I was able to get out of bed, have a cigarette and eat breakfast without being bombarded by stupid questions and inane anecdotes. The only thing that made this less then totally relaxing was that I had to rush through all the jobs like repairing the sofa that I've been waiting for my father out of the way to do. On the plus side though it does mean that I have now fixed my sofa.

Oh and after its first round of World Cup matches Group C has a clear group leader. Slovenia. That should teach Algeria not to bother playing for the draw.

No comments: