Thursday 17 June 2010

The Politics of the Brazil V North Korea Game.

Personally I think it spoils the sport but the game went ahead anyway so;

Politically Brazil and North Korea don't have much to do with each other. However they are both quite important countries globally speaking. Brazil is a fast emerging South American economy. North Korea have nuclear weapons and are just about crazy enough to use them. As such both Brazil and North Korea both have lots of contact with the USA for very different reasons. Therefore the European monarchy's led by Britain were trying to use the Brazil v North Korea match to stress out the Americans to see what information would fall out. Although the operation was being led by the British and the Dutch there isn't a nation on earth that wouldn't happily use any information that was uncovered. I think the Americans were best left to it. Feel free to argue about and criticise my decision as much as you like.

Elsewhere we've got a EU summit in Brussels and the Israelis have announced that they will be easing the blockade on Gaza. I for one will be very interested to see what that will translate to in practice. However I'm doing this Court of Protection thing so I'll be spending the next two hours in an underground railway tunnel. Then I'm having dinner with my mother so no more football for me today.

No comments: