Tuesday 29 June 2010

Fucking Spicks

In the World Cup Spain have just beaten Portugal 1-0. I had money on Portugal*.

I was at the pub so I can't remember much of the first half but from what I remember it was a tense 45 minutes with some skill full football but no goals. The match slightly came to life in the second half with David Villa putting Spain 1-0 up in the 63rd minute just as I was writing my previous blog post. After that Spain were dominate with Portugal having little chance to come back. The big incident of the match came when Portugal's Costa was unfairly sent off after Spain's David Villa totally faked an injury after Costa came absolutely nowhere near him. That sort of changes the debate into refereeing from one over whether World Cup referees should be allowed video replays into one of whether World Cup referees should be allowed a shotgun to deal with time wasting cheating bastards.

Oh and I should point out that in football a serious rivalry is something like West Ham V Millwall, Glasgow Ranger V Celtic or Inter Milan V AC Milan. In those games the important score is not the number of goals but the number of fans killed or injured during the game.



*Only £3 with brewery not a bookmaker so it's not all bad

No comments: