Thursday 24 June 2010

Bang Bang a Lawyers Dead

This afternoon the solicitor has been round to discuss with my father how to proceed with this Court of Protection business. Obviously I was not party to that discussion and no paperwork has yet been filed. However it appears that the soliciter will not be asking to join the proceedings in his personal capacity. Instead he will representing both my grandmother and father and objecting to the application on the grounds that both parties "are happy with the result."

Although the ideal thing would have been for him to admit guilt by withdrawing from the proceedings and advising my grandmother and father that they had no grounds to contest the application what he's done is exactly what I expected him to do. That's why I've already made an application to have this solicitor excluded on grounds of conflict of interest which is the first thing the Judge will have to consider. The fact that the solicitor has stated that he doesn't want to be involved in the proceedings but wants to represent other parties in proceeding does nothing for his integrity and sort of makes my argument for me.

The second problem he has is that is all the same case #118266OT. In the early part of the proceeding the solicitor tried to use the everyone's happy with the result argument. The Judge disregarded it and struck down the application on my use of the wrong form.

That means that in this case the solicitor is now not only hoping the Judge will disregard the law he is hoping they will also disregard an earlier decision by a Judge in the case.

So in short if the Court is going to make a ruling based on law rather then political pressure it will rule in my favour and this will all be over in about a week. In all their discussions of the case over the last month members of the British government have said this must be decided in accordance with the law so we already have their word it will be over in a week.

No comments: