Tuesday 15 June 2010

Now Here's a Depressing Thought

Since I made my post about the Vuvuzelas 500 British subjects, loyal and true have complained about their use during the World Cup. This has forced the BBC to lodge formal complaints with both FIFA and the South African organisers.

The other depressing thought is that while writing this post I have been watching the five prospective leaders of the now defunct Labour party hold a live debate on the BBC's Newsnight program.

There was a third depressing thought but after the discovery of rather expensive Cognac it's largely been forgotten. I think it had something to do with Americans demanding to know why President Obama hasn't risen up to deal with the BP oil spill. That would be a very stupid thing to do due to a complicated financial thing that it would best for me not to talk about at this time.

While I'm here I should give you the full technical report on the ongoing story of my sofa repairs. It involves a seat cushion that is suspended by a lattice work or webbing strips. Specifically it is three vertical strips and four horizontal strips. When I initially brought the webbing strips to repair it one vertical and two horizontal strips had broken. In the time it took for me to buy the webbing and actually find the freedom to install them a third horizontal strip broke. This meant that I had to go out and buy more webbing to consider the entire thing fixed. I am still trying to find the time and space to install that fourth webbing strip and discover if it is strong enough to support my fat arse.

No comments: