Thursday 10 June 2010

Aha Progess.

Today two workmen from British Gas came round to install my grandmothers new radiator. After all that fuss it took a grand total of 40 minutes. It's remarkable how fast some people move once they've been reminded they're liable for the cost of any damage.

The floor people also came round install new flooring in my grandmother's kitchen. Although the materials are good I have to say the quality of the workmanship is a bit shoddy but I'm sure they'll correct that when come to do the floor in the bathroom.

I also received a letter from the Court of Protection confirming that they've granted a fees exemption. That was never up for discussion but it's always nice to have it in writing.

The only cloud on the horizon concerns to brick gate posts. You may remember that when they were being built these were a source of tension between my father and I. I was trying to explain that the council approved builder who built them was bodging the job and they would fall down after about a year. My father basically told me to shut up and trust the nice people at the council. Now about a year later guess what's happened.

No comments: