Tuesday 8 June 2010

Today Not Much Has Happend.

When I woke up there was a light drizzle but it brightened up into sunshine by the time I went to the pub so by my standards today has been a good day.

Of course my father and I went to our usual shopping trip to the supermarket which is part of the Crystal Palace FC stadium. While we were there we started a low intensity argument that so far has been going on for seven hours and will no doubt continue tomorrow. In order to understand this argument I first need to give you some background.

Last week my father found this guy that installs TV aeriel's. I've delayed mentioning him because if we needed work doing he's the guy I'd get to do it. However we really don't need work doing and my father has accepted that. He has though decided that my grandmother needs a new aeriel at a cost of around £500 plus a new flatscreen TV at a cost of around £300. While we were in the supermarket and he was pointing out the flatscreen TV he was planning to buy on my grandmothers behalf I started to explain that according to the digital TV signal meter that's built into our TV my grandmother needed neither a new aeriel or a new TV.

Since my father and I were overheard having this discussion I've noticed that the signal meter has suddenly become a length of TV program meter. This is simply achieved by the strength of the signal at the Crystal Palace TV broadcast aeriel being increased in 15 minute intervals. It was around it was around the time I noticed this that I remembered that the Cumbria region of the UK was the first to make the digital TV switchover and now has no analogue TV signal.

I would like to pretend that this epiphany occurred while I was watching the surprisingly good ITV1 drama called Father & Son but I haven't got round to watching the second episode yet. If you still haven't seen this drama that started on 7/6 and is shown over four consecutive nights it's set in Manchester's gun culture which it blames on the IRA. It tells the story of a father who sees his son wrongly imprisoned for murder and I suspect it will end with that father going on shooting spree to kill all the local bad guys. I think this was meant to be the planned trigger for the broken derrick shootings.

While I'm drunk and we're sharing details on the Internet I should tell you what became of the last details I shared. Since I mentioned that my grandmother's walks are doing great things for her health those walks have now stopped. Likewise since I mentioned that the leaking radiator in her bathroom was wrecking the boards and joists in her floor we've not bee able to find a plumber to fix the radiator. One was meant to come round on Friday the 4th but never turned up. One was scheduled to attend of Monday 7th but failed to appear. We live in hope of one arriving of Thursday 10th but at the end of the day we're insured.

Of course I still have to find time in my schedule to serve these Court of Protection papers. Obviously I won't be doing that on June 12th but sadly the 21 day time limit means I will have to do it at some point during the World Cup.

No comments: