Sunday 27 June 2010

Oh What's The Point.

After England got dumped out of the World Cup this afternoon I, like a lot of people in this country, didn't really watch the Argentina V Mexico game but apparently Argentina won 3-1.

Tevez scored the first goal for Argentina on 25 minutes and allegedly it shouldn't have been given because it was off-side. Unfortunately the last touch came from the Mexican goal keeper so the off-side rule didn't apply. Higuian got Argentina's 2nd on 33 minutes and I still to this moment have not seen it. Tevez went on to score a second with a magnificent 30 yard strike in the 52nd minute. Hernandez got a fantastic consolation goal for Mexico in the 71st but it wasn't enough. Argentina go on to play Germany in the quarter final.

The main reason I missed most of the match was because I was out for dinner to celebrate my grandmother's birthday. As the restaurant was closer to Crystal Palace then it was to Croydon it was packed with Ghanians, Irish and Czechs so the mood was actually quite buoyant. It was somewhere during the meal that I had pointed out to me that Ghana are playing Uruguay in the quarter finals. A certain linesman is from Uruguay so I think I know who I'm supporting from now on.

No comments: