Tuesday 17 June 2008

Today my grandmother has been to the house of lords

Which is very exciting and a conversation I have in front of me.

More importantly today I've been the see my General Practitioner and he has very cordially agreed to renew my prescription for another month. He also gave me a sick note for one month which I will tomorrow submit to the department of work and pensions. In six to eight weeks they will write back asking me to come in for an "all work interview". In another six to eight weeks they will invite in for a "medical assessment", despite all the evidence this will conclude that in fact I am fit for work and deny me any benefit payments.

Obviously I will then challenge this decision and at some point in late December the DWP will decide that they will pay me from the date in December. All the while the British State will be running round town claiming that they have given me something.

No comments: