Saturday 28 June 2008

Another Outstanding Contribution From The Department of Work and Pensions

On the 18th July 2008 I made and application to them for sickness benefit backdated to 30th January 2008, the date the previous claim ended.

Today they sent me a letter saying "We have received your claim but you have made it from the wrong date. You wish to claim from July 18th."

It would be a bit stupid of them to send this to me just so I could send a note back saying "Er no, actually I can read dates off a calender, sorry if English is your second languauge". I can only assume then that they've sent it to me in the hope that I will be in such a financially and emotionally distressed state that I will accept anything they tell me and they'll be able to save themselves the about £1500 which I'm entitled too.

While such a move is deeply sinister and conspiratorial there is nothing special or unusual about it. This is just standard practice in our country where so much is wasted on subsidised jobs and social engineering follies the government has to pinch and steal pennies off people who really need them.

On a more suspicious note I've discovered that I, through no fault of my own, have been re-subscribed to a magazine called Disability Now! which has the subtitle "Your rights, Your voice, Your Life." which everyday read less and less like a campaign slogan and more and more like items off Gordon Browns To Do List.

According to the front cover, which is as far as I can get with the magazine seeing as I can't be bothered to open the wrapper, Social Care in the UK is in crisis. Can't imagine why.

Oh and just editied to add; If anyone is thinking of complaining about me claiming state benefits I would just like to point out that by my planning I should have been off them two years ago and pay tax it's just certain people decided that would never be permitted to happen so no-ones as pissed off as me that I'me having to go through this farce yet again.

No comments: