Monday 9 June 2008

Right what's the betting I'm going to get sectioned tommorrow?

Fresh from the weekend news that I won't be available for tomorrow's meeting with my favorite local charity and will have something to contribute to this weeks debate on detention without trial my Occupational Therapist/Social Worker has summoned me in for an emergency meeting tomorrow afternoon.

This will be an extra special meeting because it will also be attended by a psychiatrist. Now why I would like to think that he will be there to congratulate me, pay me a large sum of money and offer his professional opinion of how to effectively encourage certain elements to take the only course of action available to them. More realistically however I suspect he will be brought into carry out a mental health assessment of me which will no doubt conclude that I need to be detained under the mental health for a more accurate assessment which is a bit of a shame because I've played that game before and it's hard work and given the pressure on beds it's means I'll be needlessly taking up a resource that could be more effectively deployed elsewhere.

So if you don't hear from me for a couple of days you know why.

No comments: